To download an application, please click here:
Yes, I want to apply!
Shambhala Visa Credit Card Fact Sheet
Thank you for your interest in the Shambhala Rewards Visa Classic ® Card!
- The Visa card is issued by Shambhala Credit Union.
- It is a Shambhala Rewards Visa Classic ® Card with standard fixed 12% APR (annual percentage rate) on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
- For every purchase you make, Shambhala Credit Union will transfer a percentage to Shambhala. Your regular purchases will thus create a new income stream to support Shambhala’s activities, without incurring more cost to you than most other credit cards.
- The rewards include travel, hotels and merchandise. For every $1 spent, the user earns 1 point. As an example, users would earn a $500 airline ticket after one year of spending $4,386 USD per month.
- Each applicant’s eligibility and credit limit is determined according to credit score and Ability-to-Repay industry standards.
- Services include fraud protection and 24/7 emergency customer service.
- Shambhala Credit Union is able to issue a card to Shambhalians living in almost any country.
- Monthly Visa card bills must be paid in US dollars. Cardholders living outside of the United States can pay online through Western Union or via a transfer from your Shambhala Credit Union savings account.
- Standard foreign transaction fees (up to 1%) apply on purchases made outside of the United States.
- Annual fee: A standard rewards card annual fee of $30 applies.
- Application fee: For those new to Shambhala Credit Union, there is a one-time savings account deposit of $20 plus a one-time processing fee of $10 to become a member. This is true for all new credit union shareholders. The $20 deposit is refundable if the account is closed.
Online access: Cardholders have on-line access to their card information– transactions, monthly statements, rewards balance, and the ability to pay your bill.